WHEN & WHERE
West Seattle Christian is a church community for West Seattle and surrounding areas. We are rooted in the heart of The Junction just behind Hotwire Coffeehouse (one block East off of California Ave). We gather each Sunday at 9:30am in our Activity Center (just South of our old sanctuary building).
WHAT TO EXPECT
If this is your first time here or its been awhile, no worries. Relax. We’re normal people. Here is what you can expect to happen in the next 75 minutes or so:
- Come a few minutes early, say hello to others and grab some coffee!
- Check your kids into their class. The check-in station is in the church lobby. While you’re spending time with other adults, we’ve got stuff to entertain and teach the kids. Classes are designed for each age group. Click HERE for more info.
- We are going to sing a few songs. Feel free to sing along if you know them, or just listen to the music.
- Someone will announce upcoming events and we will also pass a basket to collect our financial gifts and connection cards.
- Someone will talk about God (i.e. a message from scripture).
- You will be invited to the “communion” table. We do this every week. It’s a symbol to help us remember the love of God and to live sacrificially like Jesus. It’s totally voluntary so don’t feel pressure if you’d rather not participate.
Note: Children’s classes (nursery through elementary school) are provided each Sunday during worship. Elementary-aged children worship with their families the last Sunday of each month. We call these Sundays “Family Sundays” and the kids are engaged in the service through music and serving by reading scripture and collecting the offering.